Oracle Mix is the official social network for the Oracle Community.
Mix allows you to:
- Connect with your peers
- Create and join groups
- Share content and ideas
Please follow us:
Oracle Mix is Oracle's official social network, connecting employees and non-employees around all topics Oracle. As of February 2012, Oracle Mix has 75,000+ members.
Everyone can join Oracle Mix. All that is required is a valid Oracle.com account.
Simply go to the Oracle Mix homepage and click "Create an account" in the top right corner. Upon signing in for the first time using your Oracle.com account, your Mix account will be created automatically.
Oracle Mix relies on Oracle Single Sign-On (SSO). If you need to change your password, head over to Oracle.com. You'll see an account link in the top right-hand corner of the page. Click this link to access your account settings, including password.
Here's how you can add or update your profile image:
- On any page: In the top navigation, click on "My Profile" (this gets you to your profile page)
- On your profile page: next to your name, click on "Edit my profile" (this gets you to the "edit profile" form)
- On the "edit profile" form: in the right column, under "Your Photo", click "browse" and select an image from your local drive. Then click "upload" to submit.
Your image should now appear. Thanks for adding it!
Groups allow Mix members to connect around topics of shared interest.
Yes, any Mix member can create groups. When you create a new group on Mix, you can specify under "Privacy" whether you want to make this group private. Private means users can join only by invitation (they are either invited or have to request to join), and non-members won't be able to see any of the group's content.
- Go to your group
- Click on the link right next to the group title indicating the group size (e.g. "120 members").
- In the member directory, navigate to the group member whom you want to grant administrator rights.
- Next to the user image, click on "add admin rights".
Please contact us and let us know the group and who the new group owner should be.
Please have the group administrators for both groups contact us and let us know which groups they suggest we should merge.
In order to avoid accidental deletions, this feature is not available to Mix members. Please contact us directly for any group deletions.
- Log into Oracle Mix.
- Go to your group.
- In the right sidebar under "group actions", click "edit group" (you must the the group administrator to see this option).
- Edit your group's name.
- Click "update" to save.
Your group's name should be changed.
Unfortunately, Oracle Mix does not support file upload at this time. However, there are ways to embed certain types of external content (e.g. videos, slides etc.).
We have added a number of new features in recent months and are currently updating our Mix feature list. Please check back soon!