GlassFish v3 is the next major release of the GlassFish Application Server and is currently under development by the GlassFish Community. GlassFish v3 has a modular, lightweight, extensible architecture. The goals are to provide the following:
- An open, modular, extensible platform
- A fast, easy, reliable application server
- An enterprise-ready application server with massive scalability and sophisticated administration
- Product updates and add-ons through the industry-strength Update Center 2.0
- Support for OSGi
- Support for dynamic languages such as Ruby and Groovy
- Support for Java EE 6
This page points you to GlassFish v3 information and resources.
GlassFish v3 is the current release of the GlassFish application server. The focus of the release was Java EE 6, modularization, enablement of non Java EE containers, and embedability.
The latest release is GlassFish v3 . See the download page for more information.
For latest nightly and promoted v3.0.1 builds, see http://download.java.net/glassfish/v3.0.1/.
Introduction to v3 document that covers overall architecture, building and tips on how to work on V3.
- AddingBinaryDependency for instructions on how to add new binary dependency in v3
- AddingModule for instructions on how to add a new module to v3.
- Admin Workspace Structure
- Brown Bags related to Builds
- Build To Do List
- Build system/infrastructure To Do List
- Details about how we create glassfish.zip
- Draft workspace layout proposal
- How does GF v3 build/development work?
- [Source code management]
- Unified Distribution Build Proposal
- DevelopmentInstructions to productively develop GF v3.
- FullBuildInstructions for instructions how to fully rebuild everything in v3 from scratch.
- v3 Build/Packaging Tiger Team
- v3 Build/Tests Guidelines
- List of External Dependencies
- Source Build Proposal
- How to build if Nexus is down
Glassfish leverages the work of several non-Sun entities to deliver key parts of the Glassfish Application Server. Further information about which parts of Glassfish originate outside of Sun can be found on the V3 Non-Sun Integration Landing Page.
- One Pagers or Functional Specs
- Modules Subsystem info available at http://hk2.dev.java.net
- Container Startup and Shutdown SPI : ContainerSPI
- Administrative Command Infrastructure : AdminCommandSPI
- Config API Discussion on 10 Dec 2007 – This is not current, please treat it as brain-storming only
- v3 Release
- All Defects for version v3
- Prelude Release [ARCHIVE]
- Plan for GlassFish v3 documentation
- Review drafts of GlassFish v3 documentation
- Meeting details for GlassFish v3 documentation planning
- GlassFish v3 Themes
- GlassFish v3 Requirements
- ContainersConfiguration for configuring RoR, Phobos and PHP containers in V3
- Web Tier Featurelist : V3WebTier
- Deployment: V3Deployment
- Admin Console: GlassFishV3AdminConsole
- V3AdminCommands for the list of available administrative commands
- GlassFish V3 Administration Starting Point
- Updatecenter 2.0 Integration
- Eclipse v3 Plugin Features
- GlassFish v3 Administration CLI
- Engineering Discussions
- GlassFish v3 Clustering
- Java EE 6 Samples
- GlassFish v3 logging
- GlassFish v3 Upgrade Dashboard
- Growing list of ToDos
- Getting Started with TP2 Screencast
- First Screencast of v3.
- Comparison of potential technologies for the next update center
- GlassFish v3 Planning Meeting
- Engineer's Guide
- Running v3 Embedded: Requirements
- GlassFish for Eclipse Bundle
- Developer FAQs
- Upgrade Compatibility Requirements
- GlassFish v3 In Cloud
Old URL (read-only): http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=PlanForGlassFishV3
New Page: https://wikis.sun.com/display/glassfish/PlanForGlassFishV3