Sun Java System Web Serveris a secure, reliable, easy-to-use Web server designed for medium and large sites. Available on most major operating systems, Java System Web Server provides organizations with a single deployment platform for Web services, JavaServer Pages (JSP), Java Servlet technologies, NSAPI and CGI. It also offers built-in HTTP reverse-proxy capabilities to provide a highly scalable HTTP front-end to application servers or other HTTP origin servers. Its FastCGI interface provides a stable and scalable platform for third party scripting technologies such as PHP, Ruby on Rails, Perl, Python, and more.
Sun Java System Web Server is a sophisticated infrastructure software available at no cost. If you need support and indemnity, Sun offers licensing and support plans for purchase.
- Scaling SugarCRM using logical domains on Sun SPARC Enterprise T5440 ... SugarCRM benchmark with Web Server 7.0, MySQL and Cool Stack PHP runtime ... Oct 13 2008
- Rise of CMT systems ... Sun Web Server 7.0 Update 3 and SPECweb world record submission with multi-socket Huron systems... April 9 2008
- Sun's even faster SPECweb2005: New Record Sun SPARC Enterprise T5220 UltraSPARC T2 ... Enterprise T5220 obtained a world record SPECweb2005 result 41847 SPECweb2005 with one UltraSPARC T2 running Solaris 10 with a real world web server Sun Java System Web Server Update 3 ... April 9, 2008
- Siebel CRM 8.0 PSPP UltraSPARC T2 beats POWER6 and sets ... users, 1 x Sun SPARC Enterprise T5120 web server (4 cores, 1 chip @1.2 GHz US-T2, 8 GB RAM), Siebel CRM 8.0 SIA  ENU, Sun Java System Web Server 6.1 SP8 ... Jan 10, 2008
- Truly Outstanding Webserving Sun SPARC Enterprise T5220... SPARC Enterprise T5220 obtained a world record SPECweb2005 result 37,001 SPECweb2005 with one UltraSPARC T2 running Solaris 10 with Sun Java System Web Server Update 2. ... Oct 9, 2007
- SPECweb 2005 World record with new Niagara T2000 server ... NEW 1.4GHz Sun Fire T2000 World Record 1-socket ... a world record single-socket 16,407 SPECweb2005 with one UltraSPARC T1 and 64 GB memory running Solaris 10 11/06 with Sun Java System Web Server 6.1 SP5 64 bit... Jan 9, 2007
- Sun still #1 (and even #2) in SPECweb2005 ... The Sun Fire T1000 obtained 10,466 SPECweb2005 with a UltraSPARC T1 and 16 GB running Solaris 10 6/06 with Sun Java System Web Server 6.1 SP5 64-bit ... May 31, 2006
- Webserving Champ: Sun Fire T2000 ... The Sun Fire T2000 obtained 14,001 SPECweb2005 on a UltraSPARC T1 processor and 32 GB memory running Solaris 10 3/05 HW2 with Sun Java System Web Server 6.1 SP5 64 bit ... Dec 6, 2005
- Kookmin Bank ... Korea's Largest Bank Achieves Reliability and High Performance from Sun Enterprise Servers, Software and Support... The Sun SPARC Enterprise M9000 server is running Sun Java System Web server 6.1, Oracle Weblogic, Oracle AquaLogic Interaction, IBM DB2, and Oracle 10g.
- "The Sun Web Server is very performance-oriented."
- "Installing Sun Web Server or Sun Proxy Server is an amazingly simple process."
- "Sun created DoS attack awareness and Cross-Site Scripting detection. Both features are desperately needed in Web servers, and Sun has come to the rescue."
- "Don't forget, Web Server is from Sun. It is highly multithreaded, extremely robust, and 64-bit capable on Solaris AMD64 and SPARC platforms."
- "Sun always excels at multithreaded performance. ... In summary, Sun Web Server is generally two times as fast as Apache."
- "In summary, Sun Web Server is generally two times as fast as Apache. ... The Sun Web Server is fast, flexible, scalable, and a downright joy to run. Other Web servers may still have some benefits, mainly because of administrator familiarity, but if performance and ease of management are paramount, Web Server is the way to go."
Since the Sun Java Web Server 7.0 review, every once in a while ServerWatch is posting a chart comparing Sun Java Web Server 7 to another web server. :