This page lists the instructions for setting up PaaS environment and running basic PaaS sample.
1. Download and unzip latest (>= 3.2) glassfish.zip under a location which has enough space. In my case I unzip it under /space that has around 20 GB of free space.
You can opt to build glassfish.zip from your own updated trunk workspace.
Once glassfish.zip extracted, set your GF_HOME env. variable to the extracted glassfish i.e., GF_HOME=/space/glassfish3/glassfish in my case. Preferably set PATH env. variable as well i.e., PATH=$GF_HOME/bin:$PATH
2. Build the PaaS jars (OE and SPE jars):
3. Start GlassFish
4. Setup either Native environment or Virtualized enviroment for your GlassFish installation.
4.1. To setup Native environment execute main/appserver/tests/paas/basic/native_setup.sh. In native mode, load-balancer is not yet supported in all OSs. So, please remove $GF_HOME/modules/paas.lbplugin.jar and restart GlassFish
4.2. To setup Virtualized environment, follow http://wikis.oracle.com/display/GlassFish/BasicConfiguration carefully.
In my case I have run this sample successfully with KVM environment and Native environment.
5. Compile PaaS sample:
6. Deploy the PaaS sample:
Once this step completes all the provisioning would have been finished and the application is ready to access.
7. See the details of the services provisioned for your PaaS sample:
8. Access the deployed application. For example, you can access the application like this: