- Using Technology From GlassFish
- Externally Visible Sites
- Internal Sites and Second Hand Reports of Sites
- Kicking the Tires
- Previews of Future Adoption
- IDEs, Tools
- App Servers, Web Servers, et al.
- Other Adoption Metrics
- Analyst and Other Reports
- GlassFish For School
- GlassFish visual collateral
This page collects public sightings of GlassFish artifacts, including Sites, IDEs, AppServers and more. Only public information is used here; for example, at Sun I (epll) know of many customers usig the SJS AS 9.x distributions, but I can't post them without their consent, and often getting that consent turns into a very long experience, so... Often GlassFish is used behind Apache (or IIS); we need to figure out how to recognize these configurations.
Please keep each entry to one line.
I verify pinging the site with NetCraft whenever possible.
- Doc.Java.Sun.Com - Community-driven Translations of JDK and SDK
- blogs.bytecode.com.au - see blog
- International Environmental – netcraft reports IIS but contacts indicate GF is behind
- Java in Belgium Ecosystem
- SP.A blogt
- Kom Op Tegen Kanker
- docdoku.com - also see poll comment
- Adam Bien - Apache fronting GlassFish; have checked with Adam.
- DaliCMS - Uses GlassFish on Linux on the server side. Also check their portfolio.
- Electronic Business Pages - An European Access Point of the Pan-European Public Procurement Network (PEPPOL) - see PEPPOL
We know about these, but dont' have an external URL for any of several possible reasons.
- Sophisticated industrial app reported in this comment in Tim's blog.
This section is mostly so we remember to go check them out periodically and moved from kick-the-tires to real use.
- GhettoJava - just kicking tires now.
- Stefan Tilkov - Likes what he sees.
- Paul Sockdrawer - check on his current view.
- Stefan Arentz - impressed with GF and considering switching from JBoss.
- Rabiddog Laboratories - Moving to Java EE from MS technologies through web services. Finds GlassFish amazing!
- [NetBeans 5.5|^NetBeans5.5]
Incomplete, need to update.
- [SJS AS 9.x|^SJSAS9.x] - Full Distribution from Sun
- [Java EE SDK] - Bundle
- [JEUS] - Uses several packages [bloglink]
- [SpringFrameworks] - Uses TopLinkEssentials [bloglink]
- Jetty - blog
- LifeRay - Portal server pre-bundled with Glassfish and supports JSR 168
Random metrics to show adoption of GlassFish Artifacts
- GlassFish Geo Map (live site)
- Google Trends on GlassFish
- Google Trends: Jboss vs GF
- Google Trends: JBoss, GF, WL, WS
- Community Stats – Needs to be automated
- Java.Net Ranking – Need to convert into tag.
- Switch to GlassFish - Thread at TSS
- Search for Adoption at TheAquarium - search
- Icerocket Trend Comparo
- Icerocket Trend Comparo 2
- David Heffelfinger's Java EE 5 Development using GlassFish Application Server
- Cay Hortsman - many blogs, including blog
- Mike Key's Pro EJB3 – also see blog. Uses EJB3, TopLinkEssentials and GlassFish
Old URL (read-only): http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=GlassFishAdoption
New Page: https://wikis.sun.com/display/glassfish/GlassFishAdoption