Welcome to the Community Docs page for Project GlassFish, the "working" page for the GlassFish documentation community.
The GlassFish Documentation Home Page explains how to contribute to the GlassFish documentation. Review that page and get involved.
This Community Docs page focuses on the details of how to contribute a community doc, such as a tutorial, How-To wiki page or article, screencast, FAQ, and similar documentation. Community contributions are also tracked on this page. The page and its contents will grow as the documentation community grows and as documentation activities gain momentum. Processes will be refined as work progresses.
If you are looking for the product documentation, see the product documentation page.
Read this Contributor Spotlight to see what other contributors are working on.
- Register for an account on the GlassFish wiki if you don't already have one. The wiki is the primary means of collaboration and you'll need to log in before you can add and edit wiki pages. For instructions, see the FAQ about registration and login.
- Join the GlassFish documentation mailing list, firstname.lastname@example.org. The list is the primary means of communication for the GlassFish documentation community and is where you'll find answers to your questions along with discussion, participation, engagement. It's a low-traffic list and a friendly, helpful group. See the mailing list section for information about how to join.
- Learn more about GlassFish documentation by reading it! Documentation for recent releases can be accessed from the product documentation page.
- Contribute! See How to Contribute Community Docs.
Make sure you have an account on java.net, then follow the steps listed below. Information about how to get an account is also provided.
To join the documentation mailing list
- On the GlassFish project page, click Login.
- In the Login page, log in with your java.net username or email and password.
If you're a new user, follow the link to register for an account to receive a password and log in.
- Navigate to the GlassFish mailing lists page and scroll until you see email@example.com.
- Select the desired format: Message-by-message or Digest.
- Click Subscribe.
- Reply to the email that you receive to confirm your subscription.
You're now ready to participate in discussions with the GlassFish documentation community.
To contribute How-To's, articles, tutorials, tips and tricks, screencasts, and similar documentation
- Check the Community Docs Wish List to see topics that need to be documented, or identify a topic of your own.
- Send an email to the documentation mailing list, describing what you intend to contribute.
- Record the document you're working on in the Community Docs in Progress table.
- When your content is done, record your contribution in the Community Docs Contributions table. For How-To's, also add a link to the GlassFish How-To's page.
Note- Also see How to Write a How-To.
To contribute FAQs
- For user FAQs, follow the instructions in How do I contribute to this User FAQ?
- For developer FAQs, follow the instructions in How do I contribute to this Developer FAQ?
To translate User and Developer FAQs
- Follow the instructions in Translating User and Developer FAQs.
Please record your completed contributions:
|Date Added||Title and Format of Contribution||Category||Contributor||Contact||Location|
|Example: 2/28/08||How to Configure a Basic Cluster; GlassFish wiki page||How-To article||ksmith||email address or other contact information||URL/location of the finished doc|
|Dec 2008||Securing an Enterprise Bean with Mutual Authentication||How-to article||archana||--||not yet published|
Please record the document you're working on:
|Date Added||Document in Progress||Category||Author||Contact||Status|
|Example: 2/28/08||How to Configure a Basic Cluster; GlassFish wiki page||How-To article||ksmith||email address or other contact information||Status, such as Just Starting, In Progress, Almost Done|
|| Detailed Logging Output with GlassFish Server, Hibernate, and Log4j
||How-To article|| alessandrogentile
|06/19/12||Ejb based Web Services with Glassfish Server part I JAX-WS||How-To article||alessandrogentile||--|| Not yet published
|06/20/12||Ejb based Web Services with Glassfish Server part II JAX-RS||How-To article||alessandrogentile||--|| Just started
Docs that need an owner! Please contribute one of the documents listed here (or add an item to the list):
|Date Added||Content Requested||Notes||Requested By|
|2/28/08||Web content||Write the Securing GlassFish section for the OWASP Java Project . GlassFish should be represented.||Gail|
Old URL (read-only): http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=CommunityDocs
New Page: https://wikis.oracle.com/display/glassfish/CommunityDocs