Beginning in June 2015, Unified Communications Suite (UCS) software is now delivered as three separate products – Oracle Communications Messaging Server, Oracle Communications Calendar Server, and Oracle Communications Instant Messaging Server. Each product download enables you to download additional software that you have a right to use. For example, the Oracle Communications Messaging Server download enables you to download Oracle Communications Convergence and Oracle Communications Indexing and Search Service software.
As a result of the changes to the packaging of the software, the process for installing UCS software has changed. There is no longer a single commpkg install command to install the whole suite. Instead, you now run commpkg install for each product you are installing. The commpkg script is bundled with each individual software product.
Note that the installation guides for the following products have not yet been updated to reflect this change:
- Calendar Server
- Contacts Server
- Delegated Administrator
- Indexing and Search Service
- Instant Messaging Server
For Oracle Communications Delegated Administrator 22.214.171.124.0 only
If you are performing a new installation of Delegated Administrator 126.96.36.199.0, you must do the following:
- Prior to installing Delegated Administrator, install the shared components, such as NSPR and NSS, upon which Delegated Administrator 188.8.131.52.0 relies. To do so, download the comm_dssetup software and run the following command:
- After installing the shared components, install Delegated Administrator by running the commpkg script that comes with the Delegated Administrator software.
- Linux platforms only: Prior to configuring Delegated Administrator by running config-commda, create a directory named install under the following directories:
- The Delegated Administrator installation location, for example: /opt/sun/comms/da/
- After creating the directories, run config-commda to configure Delegated Administrator.